Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings. ~ Jane Austen

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Crazy-Cold

Today was that crazy-cold. The kind that gets inside your head and slows you down and makes you want to curl up in a ball and stop trying. I had to sort out cucumbers good from bad and my hands were so numb and burning pain from the inside so that I could barely pick them up, never mind feel if they were soft or not. But bad cucumbers get wrinkly and some were moldy from all this rain, this misty rain that gets inside everything and makes everything damp and all the vegetables go bad before their time.
James-boss rescued me from the piercing cold of the overstaffed-by-the-other-boss-stand and sent me to sort tomatoes inside and warm up nice. No more burning numb hands. And early lunch with watery-hot coffee just hit the spot and cheered me up and laughter with my coworker-friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment